Now that you're in the second trimester of your pregnancy, the core foundation for a healthy pregnancy has been established, you will notice a feeling of calmness and even an increase in energy over the next several weeks. Now, you must work on stability, strength and avoid any exercise that demands lying on your back for an extended period. Avoid jumping, running, balance, etc. Here are some suggested exercises for your reference:
Incline push ups
1. Stand facing a railing and place your hands shoulder-width apart on the surface.
2. Step your body back into a standing plank position with your back in a straight line.
2. Bend your arms and slowly lower your chest toward the railing.
4. Return to the beginning posture by straightening your arms.
5. Do 2 sets of 10 to 12 repetitions.
Hip flexor and quadriceps stretch
1. Go into a half-kneeling position on the floor. Place your right knee on the floor and your left foot in front of the right knee on the floor.
2. Keeping your posture nice and tall, lunge toward your left foot until you feel a stretch in front of your right hip and thigh.
3. Hold for 30 seconds, ease off, and then repeat 2 more times.
4. Switch sides and repeat.
Side-lying leg lifts
1. Lie on your right side with both knees bent and stacked on top of one another.
2. Slightly lift your right side off the floor to create a small gap between your waist and the floor. This also levels your pelvis.
3. Straighten your leg and angle it slightly in front of you. Your toes should point down toward the floor as you rotate your hip.
4. Exhale as you take about 3 seconds to lift your leg, inhale for 3 seconds back down. As you lift your leg, make sure you don’t lose that little gap you created between your waist and the floor.
5. Do 2 sets of 8 to 15 repetitions on each side.
1.Sit on the ground with both of your knees bent.
2. Raise your left arm straight to the ceiling as you inhale, then exhale and side bend your torso toward the right. The stretch should be felt on the left side. Hold for 4 slow, deep breaths. This would be the direction to stretch if you experience discomfort on the left side.
3. Reverse directions for discomfort on the right side. Stretch both ways throughout the second trimester to lessen the chances of this happening.
Concluding Remarks: Second trimester is the most special period in pregnancy. For the first time, you may notice your "baby bump" and feel your baby move. Working out during this period reduces backaches, constipation, bloating, and puffiness. Increases your energy and mood. Assists you in sleeping better. Take a babymoon and establish that bond stronger with your partner and baby. Happy Pregnancy!
Note: This article is for educational purpose only. If you need any support regarding growth and developmental tips for your child, please free to submit your queries on https://www.bellefi.com/support
We would be happy to assist you !!